The Try Scuba Diving experience is perfect for those not quite sure about taking the plunge into a full certification course. During the Try Scuba Diving class at Nautilus Aquatics you will use scuba equipment to experience scuba diving in the calm, safe confines of a swimming pool and get a quick, easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
Warning: You May Never Want To Be On Dry Land Again!
There is nothing like breathing underwater for the very first time. Breathing takes a little getting used to –after all, human beings weren’t designed to do that – but after a few minutes of awestruck wonder, most participants realize how easy scuba diving really is. The biggest challenge instructors have with the Try Scuba Diving program is not coaxing participants into the water, but getting them out when the program is over!
Experience scuba diving under close supervision. If you’re like most people, you will be hooked after your first breath underwater
What Will I Learn During A Try Scuba Diving Class?
Learning Under the direct supervision of a Dive Professional, you learn the basics you need to dive safely. Learning one thing for sure is that you really can breathe underwater and whether you like doing that or not. During the class you will:
- Learn what wearing scuba equipment feels like and how easy it is to move around underwater while wearing it
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater and learn whether you can be comfortable there
- Learn some basic skills (e.g. mask clearing, equalization, hand signals) and safety rules that will carry over to your full scuba certification course when you take the next step
How Long Is The Class?
The whole experience is about 3 hours:
45 – 60 minutes for gear fitting and class briefing at the store
30 – 60 minutes in the shallow end to learn and practice skills at the pool
30 – 60 minutes in deep water to swim around, explore, and play underwater games
What Do I Need To Bring to Try Scuba Diving?
Students only need to provide their own bathing suit and towel; The store will provide ALL of the gear you’ll need including: mask, snorkel, fins, wetsuit, and scuba unit. Participants also receive a full color booklet to keep!
How do I take Try ScubaDiving course?
- Take it online. SDI Scuba Discovery is available in eLearning:
- We have a FREE Demo course to try out.
- Course Cost: $125 USD for eLearning and pool training.
10 years old
Basic swimming ability / comfort in the water
Read and Complete the Discover Scuba Diving forms with our waiver to the bottom right of our website.
Call the store at 703-421-3483 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org. To find dates and availability please check our calendar.