Who should take this course?
Skin diving is snorkeling while making breath-hold dives to observe aquatic life, up close and personal. It’s a great way to explore the underwater world when you’re not able to scuba dive or if scuba diving just isn’t your thing. The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you how to enjoy watching life below the surface and comfortably venture underwater for short visits, whether you dive in a local freshwater lake or the big blue ocean, at home or on holiday at a dive destination.
To enroll in a Skin Diver course, you must be at least 8 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and comfort in the water. No prior experience is required.
What will you learn?
The Skin Diver course teaches you about:
- How to choose, adjust and use skin diving equipment.
- Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water.
- Snorkeling and skin diving techniques including checking buoyancy, surface swimming, clearing water from your snorkel and performing effortless surface dives.
- Going on an optional skin dive at a local dive site.
How can you start learning now?
Enroll in a course at Nautilus Aquatics and get started earning your Skin Diver certification.
What gear will you use?
The PADI Skin Diver course teaches you how to use basic snorkeling equipment including a mask, snorkel, fins, snorkeling vest, exposure protection like a wet suit and dive weights as needed.
Check with Nautilus Aquatics about the gear you’ll need for this course and get advice about skin diving from your Instructor.
- Try scuba diving with the Try Scuba Diving program.