Dive in West Palm Beach, Florida!
Dive with us along Florida’s Atlantic coast and under the Blue Heron Bridge! Easy to travel to, the West Palm Beach area offers premium US and world renowned scuba diving!
Not only do the warm Gulf Stream waters of the Caribbean bring an array of colorful tropical fish to the reefs and wrecks of the West Palm Beach, Florida area, but the nutrient rich currents provide an abundance of large pelagic species. You’ll have the opportunity to see reef, nurse, or lemon sharks and goliath groupers. Also, loggerhead, green, and hawksbill turtles are plentiful; as are all three varieties of angelfish. Keep a look out for parrot fish, file fish, spadefish, and much, much more, as the top of the reef sits at 50 feet with a clearly defined ledge wall with depths up to 90 feet.
Blue Heron Bridge
The Blue Heron Bridge dive site is one of the USA’s premier shore dives. A diverse ecosystem sits just inside Palm Beach County, Florida ‘s, largest estuary, the Lake Worth Inlet. The dive depths at the Blue Heron Bridge range from 5 – 20 feet, making it great for both beginners and experienced divers alike. Diving enthusiasts and underwater photographers can expect to see a wide assortment of sea life in a fairly small area. It is not uncommon to see pipefish, crabs, lobsters, frog fish, angelfish, schooling grunts, bat fish, and seahorses. If you are really lucky, you may even spot an octopus, eagle ray, or a manatee!
World-Class Drift Diving
Additionally, the Palm Beach area is considered the drift diving capital of Florida. The crystal blue waters of the Gulf Stream run closest to Florida here, which creates a mild current, running parallel to the reef and wreck lines. The gentle current (1 knot average) allows divers to drift effortlessly along all of the dive sites with ease.
Open Waters Resort
The Open Water Resort is located on Singer Island on the beach. Adjacent to Phil Foster Park and only a short 5-minute stroll to the Sailfish Marina, shops and restaurants. All rooms are furnished with one queen bed and include a dining room OR in-room refrigerator & microwave, a private patio, as well as access to an outdoor pool and garden.
Notes: *Open Water Students must stay at the Open Waters Resort to attend the weekend orientation & participate in the shore dive. *Fun divers receive a bonus shore dive included in their stay at the Open Waters Resort.
- 3-nights Lodging Accommodations (at Open Waters Resort on Singer Island)
- 1 Shore Dive (Blue Heron Bridge Dive)
- 4 Boat Dives, (2, 2-tank Boat Dives)
- Dive Gratuities
Dates and Cost:
October 8 – 11, 2021 (Friday – Monday)
5 Dive Package (4 boat dives & 1 shore dive)
- $635 Boat & Shore Diving, per person, double occupancy
- $910 Boat & Shore Diving, single occupancy
- $379 Boat Diving only, per person (no shore dive, no exceptions)
- $285 Non-diver, per person, double occupancy
December TBA, 2021 (Friday – Monday)
- $300, Open Water Training including Rental Gear Package, Note: Open Water Students must stay at the Open Waters Resort to attend the weekend orientation & participate in the shore dive
- $100, weekend Rental Gear Package
- $35, Enriched Air Package, per person
Extras (not included in any trip):
- Transportation to & from Florida
- Local Transportation
- Travel/Dive insurance (dive insurance required)
*Dive Insurance: Make DAN Your Dive Buddy – Every Dive! Nautilus Aquatics Referral Code: 1486652 Divers Alert Network
- $200 Deposit, due upon registration
- Final Balance due 1 Week Before the Trip
*Nautilus Aquatics Travel Agreement Form
*Nautilus Aquatics Payment Authorization Form