A Caribbean State of Mind Mexico’s Riviera Maya!
Put yourself into a Caribbean state of mind in the warm waters of Mexico in the Riviera Maya. Enjoy reef & cenote diving. Plus, check off swimming with Whale Sharks from your scuba diving bucket list!
Caribbean Reef Diving
Puerto Aventuras is located south of Playa del Carmen in the heart of Mexico’s Riviera Maya. These Caribbean reefs are part of the second longest barrier reef in the world and offer uncrowded dive sites, rich with lush coral gardens with cuts and canyons ranging from 40 ft to 130 ft in depth. There is an abundance of marine life including friendly hawksbill turtles – a favorite with divers – moray eels, eagle rays, lobsters, puffers, spadefish, parrotfish, and angelfish, to name a few commonly seen.
Minutes inland, the cenotes (pronounced say-no-tay, meaning “sacred well”) of the Riviera Maya in Mexico are the most famous cavern/cave system in the world. They were created naturally over 6,500 years ago, and are filled with crystal clear, fresh water, opening to a vast system of underground caverns, tunnels, and chambers. The routes are bathed in natural sunlight making this an experience not to be missed.
Swim with Whale Sharks
Plus, at this time of year, just off of the tip of the Yucatan Peninsula, near Riviera Maya, is one of the few places in the world where you can observe and swim with Whale Sharks. These magnificent creatures feed on plankton where the Caribbean Sea meets the Gulf of Mexico. Divers and non-divers alike can marvel “up close and personal” with these majestic creatures.
We will partner with Dive Aventuras, a PADI 5-star facility, for diving and enjoy beautiful waterfront accommodations. There is no special training required for cenote diving as we will be with a certified guide, nor for snorkeling with whale sharks.
Join us in Mexico’s Riviera Maya as we dive through cenotes, swim with Whale Sharks and put ourselves into a Caribbean state of mind!
- 7 nights’ accommodation in waterfront condo
- 8 ocean dives
- 2 cenote dives
- Whale Shark snorkel excursion
- Round-trip Cancun airport transfers (arrive between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Saturday, June 27 and depart between 12 p.m. – 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 4)
- Tanks and weights
- $1,475 per person, Double, Omni Hotel Room, Double Occupancy, with continental breakfast
- $1,655 per person, Double , 1-Bedroom Waterfront Condo, Double Occupancy
- $1,885 Single, Studio Waterfront Condo Single Occupancy
- $1,555 per person, Triple, 2-Bedroom Waterfront Condo, Triple Occupancy
- $1,395 per person, Quad, 2-Bedroom Waterfront Condo, Quad Occupancy
Extras (not included in trip):
- Meals (not listed above)
- Rental gear
- Travel & Dive insurances (dive insurance is required)
*Dive Insurance: Make DAN Your Dive Buddy – Every Dive! Nautilus Aquatics Referral Code: 1486652 Divers Alert Network
- $500 deposit, due upon registration
- Final balance due May 8, 2020
*Nautilus Aquatics Travel Agreement Form
*Nautilus Aquatics Payment Authorization Form