NAUI Instructor #60363
PADI Dive Master #406646
PSI Visual Inspector #30160
- First exposed to scuba diving doing a resort course in St Croix. Learned to dive in New Jersey. Dive Master Dave Pfeifer took me out diving for lobsters and mussels on his boat while we both worked at the Showboat Casino in Atlantic City. He later introduced me to wreck diving and Gene Peterson at Atlantic Divers. Gene taught me about wreck diving and technical diving.
- Assisted with diver training, discover scuba and related activities under MSDT Bob Williams, Chuck Books and Toni McNeal of the Atlantic Rangers Scuba Club
- Atlantic Rangers Youth Education Service (ATRA YES), Board of Directors, Non-profit organization that teaches diving to youth hat otherwise can’t afford it.
- Atlantic Rangers Scuba Club: Named Diver of the Year 2017 & 2018
- Participated in the Sea Perch and MATE programs
- Volunteer for Beneath the Sea Scuba Diving Exposition
- Facilitated the formation of a scuba program at St Matthews Baptist Church Community Center
Favorite Specialities: Nitrox, Wreck Diving,
Favorite Dive Sites: Anywhere in the north Atlantic, Key Largo, Costa Rica
Fun Fact: Trained under two Certified Master Chefs and cooked for three Presidents who attended the Presidential Summit in Philadelphia in 1998 while working at the Ritz Carlton.
Thoughts on Diving: Diving is liberating. Weightlessness is exhilarating. Deep diving is intoxicating. The vastness of the ocean is humbling. The delicate balance in nature is sobering. We should enjoy this freedom while we have it and pass it on to anyone who wants to partake in it.