Greetings fellow scuba divers, snorkelers, and freedivers,
Updated Tuesday, June 16, 2020:
We have been closely watching the recommendations to make sure we are following every precaution and guideline to protect our staff, customers and community. In keeping with Virginia #SaferAtHome guidelines, we will have the following procedures in place.
For our retail floor:
– Our retail/instructor staff will be wearing masks for your protection. Please do the same.
– Please maintain 6 feet/2 metres of physical distance from our staff and other customers.
– Curbside pick up is always available for your convenience.
– Our employees will be sanitizing and cleaning the dive shop routinely throughout the day with an emphasis on high traffic areas and touchpoints.
– We will be limiting the number of customers in the store. We appreciate your patience if we ask you to wait outside momentarily.
For our SCUBA and snorkeling classes:
– Limiting class sizes
– Unfortunately, parents or friends will not be allowed to observe classes while physical distance orders are in place.
– Students will be stationed for social distancing
– All students and instructors will be required to wear a mask during class and for poolside work (setting up/tearing down equipment).
– Students and instructors should always have a scuba mask on their face, and either a regulator or snorkel in their mouth at all times while in the pool, unless asking a question. This is one of the most effective ways to contain any potential droplets, as well as a pretty effective PPE against others.
– Additional cleaning and sanitizing for our regulators, masks, snorkels, and BCD inflators.
Travel: We are actively communicating with our partners in Florida to assess current conditions on a weekly basis. If you have specific inquiries about an upcoming trip, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss.
Our current store hours are:
Monday, Friday, & Saturday 11am – 6pm
Sunday 12pm – 4pm
Tuesday and Thursday by appointment only
If you have any questions or concerns about our policies or procedures, please feel free to give us a call or make a suggestion. We are constantly monitoring the recommendations of our government and health officials and doing our best to do our part to keep our community safe.
We know this continues to be a stressful time for everyone and we hope to work with you as you continue to support us in these uncertain times. Please allow us the chance to support you with all of your scuba diving needs. We are actively communicating with all of our vendors, but many scuba manufacturers have seen a limited supply or delay in shipping goods as much of the supply comes from Europe. Regardless, we will continue to provide you with the outstanding customer service you have come to expect from all of us at your local community shop, Nautilus Aquatics.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and loyalty as we continue to navigate these uncharted waters together!
Thank you again and stay safe,
Jason & Melissa